6.2.4 CatalystSM Management and Development Coordination
Within the framework of Catalyst, management is viewed as the process of identifying, managing, and continuously focusing on people and other resources to achieve project objectives within budget, resource, and schedule constraints. Development coordination is the process of coordinating and integrating business processes, applications, specialty areas, and sub-projects and includes the integration of new program components and the surrounding legacy systems.
Our management and development coordination goals for the CHART II project are simple:
- Deliver a Quality Product. We will define quality standards for the project’s work products and define the quality monitoring procedures.
- Deliver on Time. We will prepare a detailed work breakdown structure (WBS), including all key activities at project initiation. (A high-level WBS is included with this submittal.)
- Deliver within Budget. Prior to beginning the project, a detailed budget will be developed against which progress can be measured.
- Develop a Partnership with the Client. There will be continuous dialog with the MDSHA to ensure that there is a clear and common understanding of each party’s commitments, agreed-upon mechanisms for project reporting, acceptance of deliverables, and change control.
- Align with Objectives. Over time, the needs of the MDSHA will change, and we will regularly seek feedback to ensure that the project always achieves the MDSHA’s objectives.
- Maintain Conceptual Integrity of the Entire Business Area. We will ensure the multiple software releases for individual system components work together to deliver the business solution originally intended.
- Coordinate Design. Overall standards will be set, evolving designs coordinated, and conflicts between individual application designs resolved.
- Respond to Change on a Program-wide Basis. As changes occur, we will respond to those changes by applying resources to the areas of greatest impact.
- Plan for Integration and Deployment. Individual releases will be integrated and deployed as a single, integrated release, and appropriate training will be provided to system users.
The mechanisms we will use to achieve these results are described in the following paragraphs. Although Catalyst is applicable regardless of the contractual vehicle used, we anticipate this task will be accomplished under the MD NMS contract and, for that reason, the mechanisms described below are those employed on that contract. If another vehicle is used, Catalyst procedures will be adapted to that contractual vehicle.